Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nails of the Night


Nails of the Night 




Base Coat: OPI Natural Nail Base Coast (dries so fast!) 
Color: 2 Coats of Nails Inc London in Victoria 
Glitter: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 120 Golden Rule
Top Coat: Sally Hanse Mega Shine 

So I don't know if it's just me or I feel like the OX blood color trend just came and went and now I'm kinda missing it. I had received this ox blood color in a glossy box a while ago and it's been sitting on my nail polish rack for a while now and I thought tonight was the perfect night to give it a go. 

At first application I noticed the formula of the Nails Inc to be VERY watery and difficult to work with. I also noticed one little hair of the blush was not wanting to go with the other hairs which in the end annoyed me and I had to cut it off. Why to brushes do that? 
What you are seeing in the picture is two coasts and to be honest with you I'm not loving it. I felt like it didn't go on as even as say an opaque Essie Polish would. 

Since I was disappointed with the color I felt like I had to add some glitter to make it up for it. 
I've always loved Sally Hansen products so I choose a nice gold to complement the red. 

I feel the top coat would probably look a lot more shinier on a different color.  I haven't used this one in a while so we shall see how long it lasts. 

Final Thoughts?
  • Nice Color but horrible formula 
  • Will probably just take it off in a day or two 
  • I wish my nails grew as fast as my hair did

xoxo KT 




1 comment:

  1. The color definitely looks like it has good potential but the formula makes it very dark and blotchy in parts. Maybe try an Essie or Opi version of this color?

    ReplyDelete